- Desperate Jayson Werth sends 561 drunk texts to PhilliesPosted 816 days ago
- Report: Blanton to start every game you attend this seasonPosted 830 days ago
- ESPN in chaos after video of fans booing McNabb goes missingPosted 967 days ago
- Donovan McNabb will miss next game with sprained canklePosted 1003 days ago
- Westbrook cleared to play on Sunday with big-ass helmetPosted 1253 days ago
- Puck out indefinitely after taking a Laperriere to the facePosted 1269 days ago
Plaxico Burress leaves prison wearing Eagles uniform
- Updated: June 6, 2011
Further fueling the speculation that Plaxico Burress could soon join the Eagles, the former Giants star wore a full Eagles uniform and carried a sign reading “I really, really want to play for the Eagles” as he was released from prison on Monday.
Burress later downplayed his choice of clothing as he spoke with reporters after spending 21 months in prison.
“I just felt like wearing this uniform today…don’t read too much into it,” Burress said while thumbing through an Eagles playbook. “When I decide what team I want to play for, I’ll let you know.”
The Eagles have yet to publicly express interest in the wide receiver but the team constructed a bronze statue of Burress that will be placed outside of Plaxico Burress Field.